Saturday, September 04, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

My son has developed a very annoying new habit - if ever I ask him to do something he doesn't want to do he only bothers to give me half a reply finishing the sentence with 'blah blah blah'.  ARRRRG!

For example:

Me:  "Can you put you shoes on please, we are going out."
Son: "No thanks, I am happy here blah blah blah"

Me: "Why don't you go outside and play?"
Son " No thanks, its to blah blah blah"

Me: "Time for bed/bath/clean teeth/wash hands/ etc etc
Son: "I don't want to it's blah blah blah"

To be fair I haven't helped as the first time he did it I laughed, so now he thinks he is a comedy genuis, but it isn't funny any more!

I am not sure what I am struggling with more, the emerging independent 5 year old boy or the 'I'm not wasting my breath mom' attitude.

I'd love to know how other children start to assert themselves so please leave a comment blah blah blah!
(Well you know how it works lol!)

1 comment:

  1. Does he watch Humf? The grownups in that programme always say blah blah blah if they are not talking to the kids! (Did I say kids? I meant weird shaped fluffy animals - must be going mad.) -HMx

    ReplyDelete