Sunday, August 01, 2010

Head banging isn't always fun!

My clever boy is normally a very careful and  cautious little boy; he likes to think about things and make sure he can do them safely before he starts most things. Unfortunately though this week he has managed to test the strength of his head not just once but twice.

The first accident happened whilst he was rushing to get in the swimming pool for his swimming lesson and managed to loose his footing and fall backwards.  The loud crack of his head hitting the floor of the pool caused all the other parents to gasp!

My Girly Whirly is the one who has no fear so she had my attention as she had started to run to get in the pool too. If I had had any fear about one of them falling over it was definitely her.  Typically  it was the lesson I that Daddy hadn't come to. I missed all of my Girly Whirlys lesson as I was comforting my injured Clever Boy.  He did start initially to go a little sleepy but thankfully by talking to him and the help of another lovely mom we kept him awake, and other than red 'spotty' indentations on the back of his head (the pattern of the floor) on his head which became a nasty bruise he was fine.

Then yesterday he tested to see if the front of his head was as tough as the back, using a concrete fence post. Running around and playing he managed to trip and somehow fell hitting his head.   This time he has a lovely cut and another bruise, and other than the obvious upset seems ok, though he was worred about going to bed last night as he didn't want to get any blood on his pillow.

My boy is currently going through a speedy growth spurt so I am hoping that this new found clumsiness is a temporary glitch as he re-finds his balance otherwise I will be wrapping him in cotton wool.  Ok I won't as bumps and scrapes are all part of growing up but I'd definitely like to keep any head banging as an accompaniment to heavy metal!

2 comments:

  1. Glad he's ok..talk about accident prone bless him! Still it's all part of growing up and he'll have some cool scars to show off at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read he's ok. My James (10 months) is just trying his head against things at the moment, everything he picks up is either in his mouth or banged off his head, often resulting in amusing reactions.

    ReplyDelete