Thursday, March 18, 2010

My first Photo MeMe: My First cuddle

For those of you, like me who are new to a Photo MeMe here are the 'rules':

The instructions:


1. Open the first (oldest) photo folder in your computer library
2. Scroll to the 10th photo
3. Post the photo and the story behind it
4. Tag 5 or more people to continue the thread.
 
Here goes; here is my photograph:
 
 

As soon as I saw the Photo MeMe instuctions stating that we had to open the oldest digital photo album file I knew that the photograph would be one from the day my first child was born as we purchased our first digital camera to capture the day our little boy came into the world. 

In just 3 weeks we will be celebrating my baby boy's 5th birthday, I cannot believe it has come around so quickly and how much my life has changed for the better since that day.

When this photograph was taken I would guess that my little boy was not even an hour old.  I had just gone through a normal deliverywithout any pain relief - I had been using Gas & Air but the midwives made me stop using it as they said I wasn't pushing proper because of it!   OMG, it hurt, but by the time this photograph had been taken that had been pretty much forgotten because I had my little baby boy safe and cuddling in my arms.

If you look at the size of his tiny head to the little hat you can see he was a tiny dot, weighing just 5lb 10.  He was born early, if had been born just  2 days earlier would have been classed as a premie.

I have loved looking back at these photographs, and the timing, being so close to his birthday makes it even more poignant. 

OO - just remembered that the day the photo was taken we were having gales ( I can remember listening to the noisy gusty wind as I lay in my hospital bed looking at this little bundle of joy!) and the day after, when we brought him home, there was a snow storm!  As it was early April it didn't settle but it was definately not for want of trying!   Funny the things you remember!!

One of friends is waiting for the birth of her first baby, she was due a couple of days ago, and if she reads this I wish her as many happy memories as I have!

Thank you for the Tag Humdrum Mum!

Now I pass the batton on to:
1) JoeyGrey at All Things Catty
2) It's a Mummys Life at It's a Mummy's Life
3) Nicliz at Infertility Hurts
4) paintinkandstamps at I Just Make Stuff 
5) Ang at Aingeal Jewellery Designs

As you can see I follow a wide variety of blogs lol!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks PPM, I accept the baton, and will do this tomorrow. Who's betting it will be a cat picture!!!

    Loving your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and picture xxx

    ReplyDelete