Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'll Do It Tomorrow!

Every now and again (probably more often than I like to admit!) I have a day where other things take over from what I need to do or I just don't feel like doing what I should be doing.  

Today was one of those days!

I had so many good intentions when I woke up this morning but the day has been hijacked by telephone calls and visitors and a general feeling of 'I'll do it tomorrow'.

After today my 'To Do List' for tomorrow includes:

1) A really good vacuum/sweep up in the kitchen as today I was really naughty and kicked all the crumbs and dropped bits of food under the kitchen counter as I didn't feel like getting the vacuum out after preparing breakfast/lunch or dinner.  (I have never done this before and it felt really naughty lol!)

2) Use the washing machine as today I didn't.  (I did empty the tumble dryer and out everything away though so at least I am all ready to start fresh tomorrow!)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) [Blu-ray]3) After school tomorrow I have to give my children some time and attention as today within seconds of getting home from the school run the phone rang and then as I was saying 'bye' the door bell went.  My son asked for the film 'Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs'; normally I would put him off till the weekend but today I put it on without batting an eyelid so I could talk to my visitor in peace. 

4) Make the chicken curry I had planned for dinner tonight a delicious (left over) chicken curry but because I was talking I ran out of time to prepare it for tonight so instead we had my cheats tortilla pizza (basically a tortilla covered in a tomato sauce (made from quickly mixing tomato puree, tomato ketchup with a splash of Olive Oil and some Basil) and then covering with grated cheese.  Definately not a gourmet meal, but very quick and easy and the kids eat it!

5) Make Bolognaise this was meant for tomorrow nights dinner, but I still have to make it otherwise the minced beef won't be fit for human consumption.  I think I'll get the slow cooker going in the morning, and then freeze it tomorrow evening.  Consolation is I will have some pre-prepared meals in readiness for another 'I'll Do It Tomorrow' day!

Do I feel bad or guilty.  No.  Everything I have put off can wait until tomorrow, its not like I do it everyday.  Just next time maybe I should try and do it when I haven't already got a busy tomorrow!

I should add that my dad had a stroke in early January and following rehab he is now ready to go home (with support from the Stroke Team). So for the last few days I have been having calls from Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Support Workers to make sure everything is in place.  And by everything in place that means a long list of things for me to do (my jobs for tomorrow!) - the perils of being an only child! (That sounds like it should be the title of another blog!)

3 comments:

  1. Good news about your dad being on the mend! i know what you mean about putting it off until tomorrow. i am the queen of this. hence the reason my house looks the way it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re comment (1) kicking the crumbs to the side of the kitchen makes it easier to sweep them up, cos they're all in the same place. Re no
    (2)not using the w/machine today is in fact doing your bit for the environment
    (3)kids have to entertain themselves sometimes, and TV is good in moderation
    (4 and 5) both meals sound yummy and you sound very organised compared to some!! (OK me sometimes!)

    I'm glad you don't feel guilty cos it would let us all down if you did!

    Good news re your dad. I too am an only child and it does have its issues...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both!

    LOL Humdrum - thank you I feel even better about it all now!!

    ReplyDelete